RE: CBs and Lawn Mowers.. & high income N VA

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CBs and Lawn Mowers.. & high income N VA
From: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:37:25 -0400
>-----Original Message-----
>From: dms@scheidt.chem.nd.edu
[snip]
>The blade was dull.

I've tried to get my mower blade sharpened here in
Fl, for less than the cost of a new one, but sadly,
it costs more to sharpen it. I still have two sitting
in the garage waiting until I get around to sharpening
and balancing them myself, or finding someone who
does it cheaper.

Now I'm trying to find a fuel primer bulb on a 9 year
old mower. Neither the Sears nor the Briggs 'n Stratton
website can find the model number of such an old mower.
It's no wonder people throw things away. Sometimes it
just isn't worth the effort, but sometimes the effort
to fix something is so satisfying. I took the carb apart
to figure out what was causing the engine to start but
then stop after a few seconds. I found a minute spec of
something that was causing a problem. The thing was
smaller than a pin head. Mower runs better now.  Maybe it
was piece of the primer bulb?

I wish Heathkit was still around...Anyone remember them?

Brian
brian.lynfatt@eds.com