Re: Slightly off-topic question

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>,
Subject: Re: Slightly off-topic question
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:49:16 -0400
What you are proposing is called 'sistering'. If both ends of the new 2x6
are resting on walls that will support the weight it should work fine.
Sounds like you might want to sister the remaining 2x6 joists also...

If it turns out it is necessary to get 24' 2x6's up there (so that they are
resting over bearing walls) is it possible to remove the fascia and slide
them in from outside?

Eric