RE: paintball guns

To: "Eric Murray" <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: RE: paintball guns
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:56:02 -0400
We live in a large urban area (DC).  However, we have a stretch of
woods (public park) behind us with a creek.  We see lots of deer, a
few raccoons, some rabbits, even a beaver sometimes.  And lots of
squirrels.  Most all of these animals are very used to humans, and
show little fear - I've been startled by the deer while walking
in the woods as it's getting dark - I've come to within about three
feet before they run.  The squirrels will come up to the patio door
with the dogs barking their heads off (the dogs now have a "doggy
door" so the squirrels tend to run away now...

Bottom line is that short of putting up a cage to protect her six
tomato plants, nothing is going to stop the "creatures".  We also
have a single apple tree, but I've yet to get an apple from it (not
that it makes many in the first place).  If the deer don't eat them,
then the squirrels and birds do...

Oh well, one of the reason we bought the house is that it backed
the woods instead of someone else's back yard.  And we do like seeing
the deer, etc.

I am going to ask my wife if she wants one of the motion activated
sprinklers Steven Trovato pointed to however...  8-)

Tim Mullen