RE: Speaking of exhausts...

To: "Mike Sloane" <msloane@att.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speaking of exhausts...
From: "conrad davis" <conrad@conrad.uk.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:04:21 +0100
Mike and others, thanks for the input,

> box. If you can live with the noise and heat, then you can
> skip the box, and
> just use a shelf.

Well, the genny is in a full acoustic case (Honda EX4000s - great
machine), and the hydraulic pack is just for when I need to operate one
of the lifts (both converted from electric to hydraulic) so I can live
with the noise of that in short bursts. It does look like the silencer
(great big thing) on the genny has a threaded outlet.

> Probably the best place for this would be
> next to the transfer
> switch (you will have a transfer switch, right?).

Oh yes of course. [cough] whats one of them then?

> But having a CO alarm/detector is not a bad idea in any shop,
> regardles of
> whether you have a generator inside or not.

Yes I have one from when I used to have a pit. Its surprising how it can
build up in the shop even with the main door open.

Cheers,

Conrad