two birds.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: two birds.
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 11:27:11 -0500
Recently, there was talk about removing an old oil tank from a house and I
replied that I had one I was going to remove...

Well, that gave me the "round tuit" I needed and I've removed the tank
from the house.  Now, here is my question...

I still have a huge barn that I need to remove.  It's the exact size of
one that I already removed that was over 100 yards of EXTREMELY well
loaded dumpsters of just unpainted wood.  It cost a bunch to get rid of
and took lots of effort.  And after a year of no job, I can't afford to
pay for it again.

Now, here is what I was thinking...

Why not cut some holes in this tank and make it an outdoor "fireplace".
Then I can just pull boards off the barn and throw it in the tank and burn
it.  Much cheaper and much more efficient.  (and since it's enclosed
fireplace, there is no permit needed)

Any feedback on if this isn't a good idea?  I've already designed in my
head how to make the stove.  Any feedback, comments, etc?

Now, there is some painted wood, is there a problem with me burning that?

TIA

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?"
R Waters.