Re: two birds.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: two birds.
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 12:57:48 -0500
Well, my FiL's new neighbor moved in and started burning trash.  He set his
backyard on fire and it crept into the woods before he noticed
(duh!).  After paying for the fire dept to come out, he bought a 200 gallon
oil tank, cut out a door and drilled some vent holes.  Don't know what he's
doing for ash removal but he seems to like it.

Burning painted wood is a health-hazard, how much I'm not sure; depends on
what the paint was, I'd say..  Old Amish milk paint is probably fine to
snort, 20-year guarantee weatherbeater probably would kill you quicker than
pressure-treated wood.

At 11/03/2002 at 11:27, Shakespearean monkeys danced on eric@megageek.com's
keyboard and said:

>Why not cut some holes in this tank and make it an outdoor "fireplace".
>Then I can just pull boards off the barn and throw it in the tank and burn
>it.  Much cheaper and much more efficient.  (and since it's enclosed
>fireplace, there is no permit needed)
>
>Any feedback on if this isn't a good idea?  I've already designed in my
>head how to make the stove.  Any feedback, comments, etc?
>
>Now, there is some painted wood, is there a problem with me burning that?
>
>TIA
>
>Inch
>http://megageek.com

Cheers!