Re: Infrared heaters question

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, "Doug Odom" <popms@thegrid.net>
Subject: Re: Infrared heaters question
From: "Mike Pieczarka" <mikep@bikeswap.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 07:01:14 -0700
Just wanted to post some replys I received from Doug who uses one of the
tank top radiant heaters in a situation similar to mine, except for the
sunny Califorornia part. Actually it gets pretty sunny here in Colorado in
the winter and I swear that 10 degrees  and sunny here is warmer than 35 and
foggy in Modesto.

mike

> Mike, Go with the propane.  The kerosene fumes make me sick and I get
>headaches from them. Never have that problem with the propane.   Doug

>     Mike, My shop is 70' X 30' so it's too big to heat the whole shop when
> just work in an area most of the time of about 100 to 200 square feet.
Mine is
> the one that sits on the tank. I use the same tank for my bar-b-que so I
really
> don't know how much it uses. But I don't have to fill it only about once a
year.
> I'm in califorina so it does not stay cold for a very long time. By the
way ....
> POR-15 is great stuff     Copy to the list if you think it will help
someone
> else.    Doug
>
> Mike Pieczarka wrote:
>
> > Doug,
> >     Thanks for your reply. So far you've given me the most relevant
> > information. I hadn't really planned on trying to paint the car outdoors
> > this winter but that's the way it worked out. The "garage" is 10 x 20 so
> > think the area should be ok. How big is the heater you use in the shop?
Is
> > it one of those that sit on top of  the tank? How fast does it go
through
> > propane? What I will be doing is painting the floorboards and engine
> > compartment with POR-15 and then shooting a pre-mixed etching primer on
the
> > rest of the car to protect it until spring.
> >
> > thanks
> > mike
> >
> > Ps do you mind if I copy your reply to the list?

Doug