Re: hydraulic floor jack problem

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hydraulic floor jack problem
From: Brian Lyn Fatt <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:20:53 -0600
If it wont go to full height, the fluid is low. Yeah, there is
a seal and it's pretty easy to repair. The hard part is finding
the parts to repair it with. I hung on to my floor jack for
about two years, trying to find a new seal.  In the mean time,
I lugged one of the cheapie Harbor Freight ones around.
Then I saw that  Kmart had the small one 2.5 for $14.  I
finally gave in and threw out the bad jack. For 14 bucks,
the new one was the same size as the one I threw out.
Since it's Sears, you might want to check one of their service
centers and they might be able to help find the parts.

Brian