Re: broken ice maker in shop's fridge

To: "Scott Hall" <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: broken ice maker in shop's fridge
From: "Michael Lowe" <mlowe@itrade-sa.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:22:27 -0800
You have a little heater attached to the freezing tray, that comes on a bit
before the rotating teeth scoop the ice out to the bin.
If the tooth drive motor starts on its own, check the heater control
circuit. If the drive never starts, it is a fault in the sensing circuit
that decides if there is ice yet. Some are easy to diagnose, diagrams
available. Others should just be replaced, more trouble than value. Know a
little electronics and mechanical stuff, check it deeper. Always good to
have at least one local friend that can do that stuff, if you don't.
Regards,
Michael