Re: What kind of screw is this?

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Subject: Re: What kind of screw is this?
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:41:44 +0000
At 21:01 05/03/03 -0500, you wrote:

>http://astro.temple.edu/~kmr/images/fastener.jpg (20kb)
>
>Anyone know what this kind of fastener head is called?  I couldn't find any
>matches for the head style on McMaster's site... bigger question is where to
>purchase the sockets to remove this screw style?

Hello Kai,

What you are looking for may be available from  http://www.eldontool.co.uk/.

I found the website to be very awkward but the paper catalogue shows a
likely socket as part of MM25070 Tuning Tool Kit -"The definitive engine
tool tuners kit. Covering all known carburettor and fuel injection systems,
both old and new." It looks as though the components are available
separately but the catalogue does a poor job of matching images to part nos
in this case.

NFI and no dealings with the company beyond having the catalogue on the
shelf for some time under "That Could Come In Handy One Day".

HTH,

Nick Brearley