RE: implements for grass cutting and snow removal

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: implements for grass cutting and snow removal
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:57:58 -0500
My drive is only about 110 x 30, and about a 5deg incline to the house.
I've used my 12hp wheel horse (with chains) with a 42" plow blade
exclusively for 17yrs.  Deepest snow about 16" with drifting.  Yeh, it takes
a couple of hours, but muddles through, and, I do the road in front of the
drive so that when the plows come by I don't have another furrow to plow.  A
2-3in snow in 45min.  I will admit to buying a small snow blower a couple of
yrs ago, but only to do walks and a path to the shed (for the tractor).
Only have @ 3/4 acre to mow with the 38" deck, 'bout an hour.

Gordie Bird