Re: Two items (HVAC Ducting and follup to Screws)

To: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Two items (HVAC Ducting and follup to Screws)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:26:25 -0500
Well you missed quite a bit then :P  There are TONS of twenty to fifty year
old developments produced by Levitt and other mass builders of the
50s/60s/70s.  Same deal on some of the older developments in Long Island
(including ones by William Levitt again).  If you want me to be more
specific, I live in Bucks County and 80% of the developments that are the
same age as mine do not have basements.  If you cross the Delaware over into
Burlington NJ and Willingboro NJ, you'll find the same deal, lots of
copy-cat developments with no basements.

I don't like Levitt homes, the man was a greedy capitalist who didn't care
about the quality of his product.  Levitt is known for creating low cost
homes that each went up in less than a day, especially to house the masses
of returning soldiers with growing families from WWII.  The (lack of)
quality shows 50 years later... one of the reasons it costs so much to bring
them up to modern standards.  A non-updated basic house two doors down sold
for $175k last summer... go figure.

Kai