Re: weed eater

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Re: weed eater
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 07:02:01 -0800
> I use the body harness and wide handlebars to control and carry it.
> The unit isn't light and I'm carrying it for a while when I'm trimming,
> so this helps me a lot.

I'll second that.  You need the shoulder strap.  Once set
right, the unit hangs from it rather than you having to hold
it up.  The Stihl's wide handles make it easier to control
and the cushion grips reduce hand fatigue.  But if you
are sensitive to vibration (i.e. you have carpal tunnel)
you should get a set of the gel-filled gloves.  Stihl
sells some.

A drawback to the steel blades is that they can spark when you hit rocks
and possibly cause a fire.  Living in California we won't use the steel
blades during the dry season.

Eric