My HVAC Ducts

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: My HVAC Ducts
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:12:36 -0500
To all who are still wondering why my ducts were installed lengthwise
perpendicular to the exterior walls.  The contractor said that there wasn't
enough space between the floor joints to accomodate the already small size
register boxes.  I didn't believe this at first, so I crawled up into the
crawl space myself today, and sure enough... my floor joints are on 10"
centers!

Very strange... I'm going to hunt around from register grilles that will
promote better airflow in this position though (away from the exterior
wall).

Thanks for all the help,

Kai (covered in drywall dust)