Palm Nailers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Palm Nailers
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 12:21:33 -0400
Does anyone have an air powered palm nailer?  How versatile are they from
switching from say roofing nails to 4" framing nails?  Is it really a finger
nail saver?  How about a time saver given the size of framing nails, is it
still quicker to do it by hand?

For those that don't have any idea what I'm talking about, here is one of
the models offered by the major home improvement stores:

http://tinyurl.com/bhtc

The price sure does make it attractive to the DIY builder.  As opposed to
owning multiple nailers, at $200+ each, it seems like a reasonable option at
making quick progress for my nailing tasks.

I happened to catch one of the crew members on Bob Vila's show using the
palm nailer to nail some hurricane straps to some some columns.  It seems to
be quick and easy work, but the nails did not seem to be very substantial in
size.

Thanks!

Kai