Battery-powered Jumper Boxes, was: Battery Life

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery-powered Jumper Boxes, was: Battery Life
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:43:59 -0400
Speaking of the battery jumper boxes, what's the consensus on those?  I'm
looking for a couple.

I was in Home Depot the other night and saw they have a $45 one (Husky
branded) - forget the amperage though.  And last night in Target, they have
a Coleman 350 amp one for $30.

At 06/22/2003 at 09:43, Shakespearean monkeys danced on William Engle,
Sr.'s keyboard and said:

>I am no battery expert, but I have found that the rechargeable battery
>jumper boxes sold at Harbor Freight, etc. for as little as $39 have the
>same (yes exactly the same) battery as sold by the race suppliers for
>$80 - $120.  No difference in performance that I can detect.  When they
>get weak, as any battery will, I just get a new one.
>
>Bill

Cheers!