Re: Lifts

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lifts
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 08:51:34 -0400
Dave asks...
>BTW, can someone tell me what an "assymetric lift" means? Everything
looks symetrical to me.

"Asymmetric" means that the posts are not centered on the vehicle, (front
to rear).  This allows the front door to be opened while the vehicle is on
the lift.

It seems to make more sense this way just because the engine moves the COG
forward on a car, so the posts are more likely to me at the COG then with
traditional lifts.

(I CAN'T WAIT TO SET MINE UP!!!!)

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.