Lifts

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lifts
From: "Wayne Farrington" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:20:34 -0700
Well, I've come to the end of my rope regarding not having a lift in my shop,
so I'm going to buy one. Thinking about this one:
http://www.gesforless.com/product_info.isg?products_id=343
Anybody have this model? The specs call for a 4" minimum slab. My shop has a
~4" slab but that seems awfully thin for a 10K lift? I will be lifting my 3/4
ton ext. cab pickup with this thing. It looks like there is already a "stress"
crack in the concrete running near the area where the base plate will be
bolted down. How hard is it to pour a thicker flush pad within the existing 4"
slab? How do I "connect" the thick pad with the existing slab?

Wayne