How to oil air tools?

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: How to oil air tools?
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 16:26:21 -0500
I'm new to air tools, and have bought some cheap ones at HF to get
started. They say to oil them daily, but it's not so clear as to where
to put the oil in them, what kind of oil to use, or how much. Do I just
put the oil in the air input hole? Doesn't sound right.

Seems to me I read somewhere that I should not use teflon tape on the
air line connections as bits of the tape can come off and cause problems
in the tool. Is that correct? Is there any type of sealer I should use
on the treaded connectors?

Thanks,

Don Malling

The tools