RE: How to oil air tools?

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: RE: How to oil air tools?
From: "Ronald Olds" <tr6@pipeline.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 08:14:29 -0600
Don,

There is nothing wrong with using Teflon tape on threads but there is a
right way to put it on.  Always start two threads back from the end.
The problem people have is that they over lap the end and small pieces
get cut off while being threaded on.  These pieces get into the systems
and cause problems.  When threading the tape on always wrap it in the
direction of the threads or it will bunch up while the two pieces are
being threaded on. Hold the piece in your left hand with the threads
facing right; wrap the tape over the top going away from you. Following
this procedure will give you a good seal and the teflon tape will cause
no problems.

Ron Olds