Re: "Good Enough" but Good Value

To: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: "Good Enough" but Good Value
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:10:52 -0600
I rarely make value judgements on the quality of someone else's tools... I
do however evaluate the manner in which they are used...

Since this is Shop talk... not car talk I can most likely get away with
this... But I hate it when folks start picking apart a car or say.... Geez
you have a FORD?  Like only an idiot would by a particular brand because
thier personal tastes run to another type or make of car...

It's simply childish.... same goes for Concours vs Drivers.... or Drivers Vs
Trailer queens...

It's kinda like the Rodney King thing.... Can't we all just get along....

Someone sent in the deal on rust removal.... now here was a guy with a
Passion for woodworking tools.... I don't do much in wood... but I'd stand
in awe of his passion.... because it's the current passions we each enjoy
that are worth sharing with each other....  and my real fasination of people
who share the joy of working with thier hands...

Yep go look in one of the 4 roll away's and you will find Craftsmen... and
other Jap junk from the early 70's when that was what I could afford and
feed my family.... lucky for me I'm not 20 any more.... so I get to pick
what tools enter my life.... and my hands...

But if your in your 20's and what you can afford was made in china....
Fine... show me the Quality of your work.... show me you can afford Soap and
water... that you know how to clean something before you work on it... that
your willing to share your talents with us...  Do the best you can.... even
if it's on a Honda.... be proud of your skill and take pride in your
work....  Trust me I'm going to be all over it enjoying your tastes...

The world isn't about money it is about how we take the time to enjoy each
other....

Just a thought as this was coming through....

Keith http://downtown.ala.net/~kturk   it's an old website.... but you can
look back in the picture post on www.landracing.com to see my current
car....   I just dig working with my hands and my mind...