RE: Drilling 4" hole through concrete

To: "shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Drilling 4" hole through concrete
From: "smarc" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:04:07 -0500
Having just discovered "the hard way" that you can have too much ducting on
a dryer, you might want to check the limits before you undertake this. I
extended my venting to go thru the garage and out the back of the house.

Afterwards I found the dryer worked poorly, and burnt out the heating
element. Turns out the max distance for venting is 30 feet, and each elbow
(90 degree turn) counts as ten feet...

Marc Siegel, Charm Net, LLC.  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.charm.net  voice: 410/361-8160