Re: auto-body spray gun - for appliances?

To: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: auto-body spray gun - for appliances?
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:18:37 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>

> Is there some prep before painting? Just cleaning, or light sanding? I'm
> considering this to make my dishwasher match the rest of my new kitchen...

Dishwashers usually have a removable (often reversible) panel on the door.

Loosen the screws holding the trim & you should be able to slide it out.
Maybe the color you want is already there?

Otherwise, clean with a solvent prep, lightly sand & paint away. You can get
'appliance paint' in spray cans. I've also used plastic laminate (i.e.
Formica) to make dishwasher panels. I've also made raised panel inserts to
match cabinetry - but you'll need to figure out how to increase the spring
tension holding the door if you do that.

Eric Russell