RE: What do you call.........

To: "'Mark Andy'" <mark@sccaprepared.com>,
Subject: RE: What do you call.........
From: Gil Fuqua <gil.fuqua@cci-ir.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:47:48 -0500
 Four post vx Two post lifts

I bought a four post lift and have been very pleased with it.  A two post
lift would not work with my antique cars due to the type of chassis rail
that interferes with the two post arms. Be sure the car/truck you plan to
use will work with a two post lift.

Advantages of a four post lift:

I ordered mine with an accessory roller kit that allows me to move the
entire lift around in my shop.
The posts are shorter than a two post lift and require less head room.
The four post lift can be used as an elevated parking stand, allowing you to
park a car underneath.
More stable for large cars (my two-door convertible weighs 5,200 lbs - they
don't build them like they used to)

Disadvantages of four post lift:

Takes up more floor space
Not as easy for doing wheel and suspension work (I have lifts at front and
back to pick up car off ramps)
Not as much clearance around car for working underneath.

Gil Fuqua
Nashville, TN