Re: Cordless Phones

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cordless Phones
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:02:13 -0500
FWIW, my admittedly limited testing showed that 3 different 2.4 GHz models
had poor range compared to the far-cheaper 900 MHz ones.  And there's a
limitation on proximity of the base station and poor reception near
microwave ranges with the 2.4's.  But some people say 2.4's are great and
the 5.8's even better.  We went for the far-cheaper 900's and they're fine.
At $15-$20 per phone, it's hard to complain vs $50 and up for 2.4 models.

Karl