Cordless tools......

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cordless tools......
From: "Steve Hammatt" <GSteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 05:53:30 -0700
I've finally given up on my 10-15 year old 9V Makita cordless electric
drill. I use it occasionally 'professionally' when I'm installing new
equipment (I'm involved with chemical water treatment) and both batteries
have died.  I'll also be using this around the house and shop.  This gives
me the need to replace it with a more powerful combo kit.  There are lots of
variety out there and it looks like the next step up in power is 14.4V,
however since everyone offers 18V equipment, that would seem the way to go.

DeWalt, Bosch, Hitachi, Milwaukee and Skil (amongst others, I'm sure) all
seem to offer the 18V combos.  I've not examined their individual tool
choices in their combos, but I'd be interested in hearing any
recommendations regarding choice of brands.

I'll probably be buying tomorrow or Monday, so would appreciate any
assistance.

Super thanks
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA