Re: Rhino Ramps

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rhino Ramps
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:08:18 -0800
> The first car, my daughter's fwd Olds went up just fine, I changed the oil,
> and away she went.  Then I tried to drive the Suburban up.  As soon as I got
> near the top, the ramps would just squirt out forward, despite the weight of
> the truck and the single rubber foot under the front of each ramp.  Finally,
> after 5 tries, I threw it in 4WD and climbed right up.  Don't know what will
> happen when I try to drive one of the Mustangs up, but I bet without fwd the
> ramps will shoot out just like with the Suburban.

In my experience there's three possible conditions:

a) Trowel-smooth driveway/garage floor, maybe painted, you're SOL no
matter what.

b) Typical driveway/garage with a little tooth, FWD goes up no problem,
RWD is fine as long as you don't TOUCH the frickin' brakes AT ALL while
going up the ramp.  Use the handbrake.

c) Heavy broom-finish concrete, anything will go up with no trouble.

John.