RE: Car Lifts

To: "'Wayne'" <wmc_st@xxiii.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Car Lifts
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:43:43 -0500
9.5 ' is plenty of room for a 4 post lift.  My garage is only 8'10".
With the top down, I can get my Healey up high enough to work on while
I sit on a bar stool.  I cut out a section of the ceiling for the windshield
which allows me to put the Healey up high enough to get my MG underneath
with the top up.

The main limitation when using a lift in a garage is the fact that you have
to leave room for the vertical door to open.  My neighbor, after seeing
my arrangement, converted his door so that it slides to one side.  He even
figured out how to use the electric door opener with it.

Peter Schauss