Re: Car Lifts

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: Car Lifts
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:21:38 -0500
Wayne asks...

>Well, YEAH, duh!!  ;)   But I always figured they were out of my price
>range.  What did you buy, and what was the purchase & installation cost?

Wayne, I got the Benkpac AC-10MX.  This is an asemtrical 2 post lift with
10000 cap.  It cost $2100 and another $350 to ship it to my door.  It does
sit about 12'.  I think they have smaller models however.

I did the installation myself.  It wasn't bad.  check out the link below...
http://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/Equipment?OpenView

Scroll down to the "installing the car lift" links.

FWIW, this lift is the best!  It works great, and is clean once installed.
The directions were worst then worthless.  I would NOT use them.  Their
method can seriously prevent you from ever using the lift!  The method I
talk about in those links would have been light years better!  (you would
have to be more careful when installing the cross bar.)  But over all, it
would be a much easier, and surer way to install it.  And it also gave me a
reason to buy a 1.25" hammer drill.  BTW, you can get great deals on these
on ebay.  I bought an cheapie import, NEW, for $21!  (yes, that's right!)
with SDS bits!

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.