Re: Car Lifts

To: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Car Lifts
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:34:59 -0500
Peter Schauss wrote:
> 9.5 ' is plenty of room for a 4 post lift.

   I can second that.

   I bought my hoist for my first house, where I had 11.5 feet.

   But I moved it to this house where I have only about 10 feet, and
it's still fine. I can double park convertibles on it.

   If you shop carefully, find a hoist where the "platform" is really
shallow, and you can liberate a little more space for double parking.

> I can get my Healey up high enough to work on while
> I sit on a bar stool.

   I prefer working on the stool even if I could stand. Comfy for long
stretches, and also all the tools you put down are within easy reach.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca