Re: furnace question (again)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: furnace question (again)
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 06:18:51 -0500
There's a number of web sites that allow you to compare fuel costs,
using efficiencies and local delivery costs of the fuels.  It varies
tremendously depending on your local area.

Gas type fuels are typically cheaper on a per gallon or pound cost, but
the btu capacity is much lower when compared to oil, so oil tends to
come out slightly ahead on a dollar basis.  However, both are price
volatile, and the advantages can flip flop.  For several years my
friends who had gas would chuckle at the money I spent on fuel oil.
Last year, those on natural gas nearly went bankrupt as the price
increased almost tenfold, and supplies went low, leaving some folks
without any gas at all.

This is purely me, but I'd at least look at the geothermal type
heatpump systems.  Expensive to install, cheap to run and maintain.
Many areas have tax credits, cost sharing and the like for the
installation of these systems.
The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it
from your computer system. Thank you.
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>