Re: Tool cabinets ...

To: Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com>
Subject: Re: Tool cabinets ...
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:51:03 -0500
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:14:14 -0600, Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com> wrote:

> I would suggest the CostCo set is a better arrangement for the drawers.
> The Sam's Club drawers are full width and I have a feeling that the span
> may be at the upper limit of what the bottom of the drawer and the slides
> can handle. The CostCo drawers are in a 2/3rds - 1/3rd span and I think
> the narrower drawers will be much more inside the performance envelope
> of the slides.

The advantage of full width drawers is they hold more.  There's no
loss of volume to
the middle column,  and it's easier to fit long things in the big
drawers.  Of course, at home you probably don't need to get the 5 ft
pry bar in the toolbox, so it may not matter much.  In a commercial
shop, where if' it's not locked, it walks away, it does.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com