Re: Tool cabinets ...

To: Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tool cabinets ...
From: Bob Hare <rhare34@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:28:39 -0800 (PST)
> It seems to be well constructed, very reasonable fit
> and finish, and priced
> very right for the capacity $639.
>
> The ... parts:
>
> As suggested, the stainless readily accepts
> fingerprints.
>
> The pop rivets do not appear to be a "durability of
> construction" issue but
> if the post part of the rivet comes loose and falls
> into a sealed area of the
> drawer [the blind/sealed area being why you would
> use a pop rivet in the
> first place], you end up with a drawer that rattles
> when you open or close
> it.
>
> I would suggest the CostCo set is a better
> arrangement for the drawers.
> The Sam's Club drawers are full width and I have a
> feeling that the span
> may be at the upper limit of what the bottom of the
> drawer and the slides
> can handle. The CostCo drawers are in a 2/3rds -
> 1/3rd span and I think
> the narrower drawers will be much more inside the
> performance envelope
> of the slides.

I've got the Sam's Club box also, and my bottom drawer
is loaded down with taps and dies.  I haven't noticed
any ptoblems so far.  I dealt with the fingerprints by
spraying a clearcoat over the entire cabinet.

Bob

=====
Bob Hare (eBay id: rhare34)
Virginia Beach, Va.
1934 Ford Streetrod Pickup
2000 Taurus, 1984 Ranger

If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading this in
English, thank a Veteran.......