Re: quickie elect. question

To: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Subject: Re: quickie elect. question
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:51:31 -0400
Mullen, Tim (IIS) wrote:
> I think that the refriger is also more likely to trip a GFCI due to the
> higher current draw during the compressor start-up.  I know that

   Sounds logical. That, and the food that Steven mentioned.

   I stupidly plugged a freezer into a power bar once. Used to store the
ladder in the space between it and the wall.

   One time the ladder must have flicked the switch on the power bar as
we slid it in and out.

   We didn't lose any food because we discovered it when the food melted
but it was still cold. But everything in the freezer had to be eaten in
a couple of days. I never ate so many shrimp rings.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca