Re: portable metal-cutting shears

To: Eugene D Abbondelo <eabb@loc.gov>
Subject: Re: portable metal-cutting shears
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:44:38 -0700
I have a HF cutoff saw similar to the one listed below (actually maybe
the same, I just don't know) and it works fine for most anything I've
tried it on. The trick is to use good, brand name bi-metal blades.
The only thing I've had issues with is that the movable jaw on the
vise likes to tip up if you don't keep the bolt that it pivots on
reasonably firm. Just keep the slack out of it and it's ok.

Drew