RE: Air leak?

To: matt.lists@trebelhorn.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Air leak?
From: "ejrussell@mebtel.net" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:57:09 -0500
Original Message:
-----------------
From: Matt Trebelhorn

The tires lose air pressure pretty quickly.

The guy who owned it said that the wheels themselves leaked -- like
there were cracks in the rim or something.

I've heard of 'porous' alloy wheels but it seems unlikely in steel wheels.
More likely is poorly seated beads - old bits of rubber & debris (?rust?)
can prevent the bead from sealing.

I've used a kiddie pool to dunk items and search for leaks. Or brush a
soapy solution on suspect areas (like the bead).

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

http://mail2web.com/ .