Re: 20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:27:23 -0600
> Inch writes...
> Walmart took all my tanks (Pre OPD) and gave me brand spanking new ones
> for no extra charge. I took my neighbor and he brought down 5 more and they
> did the same thing.

Home Dipstick did the same for me and I similarly asked them if it was OK
since they were the old style.  There is an extra charge for some types but
it didn't apply to mine apparently, and they were from the late 70's
although I had some sort of cheap update done around 1990 or so.  They were
definitely the old valves and the old thread style.

Karl