RE: 20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???
From: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:47:54 -0500
I also have never had a problem exchanging the old style tanks for the
new style.  One place did it for no charge, the other charge a few
dollars to "upgrade".

One thing I did do, however, was pick up a few extra tanks.  While
hauling stuff to the dump (actually a recycling/transfer station), I
found some old style tanks that had been tossed.  I picked up a couple,
and now I had some extra rusty tanks.  Traded them in (see above) and
got nicely painted new style tanks in return.  Now, I just refill those
at my local BJs (like a CostCo), and pay for the amount that is actually
put in the tanks.  It was a lot cheaper than tossing the old tanks,
buying new tanks, and having them filled like a lot of others did (like
the people that threw away the ones I "recycled")...

I also picked up several old cans of Freon R-12 that someone had
disposed of at the hazardous waste disposal section of the "dump".
Perfectly good cans of Freon for free, and I have the cars that use the
stuff, and the gauges to fill it up...   :)

Tim Mullen - I hate to see perfectly good things thrown away.