RE: Pressure Washer

To: "Ron Schmittou" <rs1121@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Pressure Washer
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:08:10 -0500
Once upon a time there was a thing called a steam cleaner, and you could get
things
steam-cleaned.  These days steam cleaners have been largely replaced by "steam"
cleaners.

My ex-brother-in-law's landscaping business had a nice German steam cleaner.  It
had a big tank for diesel fuel, and produced lots of real steam.
I think a heated pressure washer, even if it heats the water
almost to boiling,  is a poor substitute for a real steam cleaner, since the
blast of
actual gaseous steam will have much more heating power than a
a stream of even boiling water.

Doug