Re: Painting vinyl exterior siding

To: <healeybn7@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Painting vinyl exterior siding
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 09:37:09 -0500
One company that may be able to help you with a bonding primer is X-I-M.
They're an old company, well-known in professional paint stores.  AFAIK they
just make primers (lots of types), and their products work well.  I'd
recommend calling X-I-M directly, to avoid getting bad advice from a
well-intentioned but poorly-informed clerk at a store.

It's not vinyl, but I used X-I-M primer and Glidden Gel-Flow paint on an
aluminum-sided house here in the Chicago area in 1977.  We moved in 1989,
but that house still hasn't been repainted to this day, and there's been no
peeling whatsoever.

Karl