Re: Tire rotation

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Tire rotation
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:57:42 -0400
On 5/10/06, Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net> wrote:

> But I still have a nagging suspicion that the main advantage of tire rotation
>is
> that it gets you into the shop so they can try to sell you something.

On lots of cars, that's true.  My land-rover, on the other hand, wears
the inside edge of the front tires.  It's an artifact of the way axle
is set up.  The only thing to do is rotate tires.  And that's only
worth it because I do it myself.  If I had to pay 15 bucks to get
someone to do it, I'm not sure I'd come out ahead.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com