RE: Tire rotation

To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tire rotation
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:54:36 -0700
> On lots of cars, that's true.  My land-rover, on the other hand, wears
> the inside edge of the front tires.  It's an artifact of the way axle
> is set up.  The only thing to do is rotate tires.

Or find a way to increase the camber a bit.  There's usually a way, even if
the manufacturer didn't provide an adjustment as such.

I had a Chevy that wore the outside edge of the front tires, even with
camber adjusted to the center of the specifications.  Going slightly more
negative not only made tires last longer, but improved grip as well.

Randall