Re: ignition key removal

To: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Subject: Re: ignition key removal
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:29:07 +0100
At 19:33 08/06/06, Mike Lee wrote:

>Have you tried stopping by the dealership and asking one of the service guys
>if you could sneak a peek at the manual?  I've had pretty good luck with that
>if I went during the day (when it was quiet) and asking one of the lot guys...

If you can get a sight of a new lock that will probably give some
indication of how it comes out. At least that helped me with
replacing the lock on an MB 814 this year. As others pointed out it's
usually a combination of key position and depressing a pin. Having a
broken key won't help matters...

Good luck.

Nick Brearley