Re: 4 light hi-beams

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 4 light hi-beams
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:11:47 -0400
At 09:27 PM 9/10/2006 -0500, john niolon wrote:

>while replacing a headlight bulb "IN MY SHOP" today... I thought about the
old
>4 light hi-beams... I found a 'kit' online today... relay and some wire...
 my
>question
>
>On a 2003 Tahoe... will wiring all lights to be on in the hi-beam mode, since
>everything is made of plastic nowdays... will it create too much heat and
I'll
>have a melt down costing hi beam $$$$$
>
>anyone have any experience with 4 beams on a Tahoe ??

John,

There has been a lot said, but I don't think anyone addressed your
question.

If your question was about power, the answer is a possible maybe, but as
someone said that's what fuses are for.  However, in most cases if you
are adding aftermarket lighting like that, you'd run a seperate power wire
with it's own fuse(s) to the relays for the headlights.  This would eliminate
the worry about the original wiring not handling the current.

If you are worried about melting the headlight buckets, and the plastic in
the front of the car, as long as you don't change the headlights to something
rediculous, you'll be ok on the heat.

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic