Re: Hot water circulation

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot water circulation
From: wmc_st@xxiii.com
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:08:56 -0500
At 01:51 PM 11/11/2006, Roland Wilhelmy wrote:
>I wonder if the nearby stream water is as acidic as the water from
>your well.  If not, you may be changing or eliminating the aquatic
>life in that stream.  It's nice to have an artesian well.

It measured at around 6.6 or 6.4 PH.  I think most rain water is more
acidic from absorbed CO2.  The fish and craw'dads don't seem any
different (man, those little guys can pinch!)  I appreciate your
concern, but the stream flow is large enough that my drizzle is
probably dilluted 500/1 or more.

We had a Culligan water treatment sales guy out once -- he was a
former chemist with the military, and suggested that the acidity
could even contribute to heartburn and stomach problems.  I pointed
out that PH was a base-10 logrithmic scale and I had doubts that
something thousands of times weaker than stomach acid could have much
effect.  He shut up real fast and never called back ;)

    -Wayne