Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections

To: Karl Vacek <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:35:35 -0600
Hmm, I read it as the pigtail would be the wire that had been cut loose
from the breaker, that was to be plugged into the socket not attached to
the breaker, or into the extension cord connected to the generator.

"I propose cutting each circuit between the breaker and switch, and
installing a suitably rated three prong female plug on the breaker side
of the cut and a three prong male plug on the switch side of the cut.
This would give me the ability, during power outages, to kill the
breaker, unplug the device, and then plug it into a 12/3 extension cord
running from my generator."

Thusly spake Karl Vacek:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001