RE: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:26:25 -0500
OK Randall.  Don't get your proverbial knickers in a twist.  I'm not
recommending that everyone go out and kill the nearest utility
worker.  I just think we should understand the real danger.  Moderate
safety rules that can be easily followed are better than strict rules
that are ignored.  I posted an example of a transfer switch that I
think would be much better, if more utilities would offer it and
price it reasonably.  If you peek in garages in my neighborhood, you
will see a lot of 220V extension cords with plugs at both ends.  That
tells me that the current rules aren't working.