Re: Air line piping: Part Deux...er...Trois

To: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Air line piping: Part Deux...er...Trois
From: paul.mele@usermail.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:39:00 -0700 (MST)
Hi David

thanks for checking over my work...was too late in the day!  I divided
instead of multiplied in converting cu ft to gals...
I took the lazy way and looked up 7.48 gals/ cu ft, or 0.13 cu ft/
gal..then plugged it in "upside down"...causing an error of 7.48^2....glad
you had a gallon can and the time to go measure it!

anyway, the new table looks a little better:

Pipe ID         Vol / 100 ft    ft / gal
[inch]          [cu ft] [gals]

0.50            0.14    1.02    98
0.75            0.31    2.29    44
1.00            0.55    4.08    25
1.25            0.85    6.37    16
1.50            1.23    9.18    11

so, for the common 3/4 in pipe, 44 ft gives a gallon of extra air storage...

thanks
paul