[Shop-talk] Cell Phone to POTS-Jack Adaptor?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Cell Phone to POTS-Jack Adaptor?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:45:04 -0400
This question may have shop-relevance to someone ;-)

Does anyone know of a cell phone accessory that will allow you to connect a
regular POTS-jack (plain old telephone service jack, RJ11/14) device to your
cell phone?

I am trying to find an "as needed" solution to processing credit cards from
my credit card terminal when I am not at the shop (like the upcoming VTR
show in a week and a half).  I could opt for one of the commercial cell
phone plans that offer phones with built in credit card swipers, but they
are very expensive and I would only need this functionality maybe 3-4 times
a year.  I could also use my laptop, but only if WiFi service is available.

So interfacing my cell phone directly into my credit card terminal is
looking like the best solution, if there is some sort of adaptor that would
allow it.

Any suggestions welcomed!

Kai

--