Re: [Shop-talk] Electric Hedge Trimmers

To: "Ronald Olds" <tr6@pipeline.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electric Hedge Trimmers
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 17:51:58 -0400
Hi there,

    Sorry to hear of your dislike of B&D trimmers.  I just had to go out to
the shed and look and, yep, my 8 year old trimmer is a B&D HTD22, 22" Hedge
Hog XB.  It's worked very well for me.  B&D claims that it is able to handle
branches up to 3/4" in diameter and I'll agree with that rating as I used it
for branches that big.  I think this thing would have no problem taking
fingers off!  I really like the locking power switch since I seem to always
be holding it with no hands on the switch.

    I'll admit that I did NO research before buying it.  I started trimming
the bushes around the house (and there are a LOT of those &*&!$#@ things),
got half way through the first bush, went to Home Depot and bought just
about the first thing that fell into my hands.  I finished that bush a whole
lot faster than I started it.  In fact, the biggest "problem" I have is
cleaning up all the trimmings since it's so good at making lots of them.
Now I put a blue tarp on the ground around the base of the bush and drop the
trimmings onto it and then drag the whole thing to the back of the property
to my sort-of compost pile.

    I thought about getting a gas powered unit so I wouldn't have to haul
the power cord around the yard but the thought of yet another gas engine to
maintain - yuk.  On the down-side clipping the extension cord in a moment of
carelessness is irritating but I've only done that once (so far . . .).

    Hope this helps.

Mark Watson